Wednesday, March 19, 2008

sketches

Yesterday I spent the whole morning watching music videos on youtube.com, trying to capture the characteristic movements of female singers such as Madonna and Björk.
I was in a creative dip and these excercises are great to recapture the feeling of what it is all about (in my opinion): looking and keep looking at people. How they move, how they are dressed etc.
I'm not joining a class, but this is almost as good.
Oh, By the way:does anyone know from which videos these sketches are?


12 comments:

kencoogan said...

Hey Marion. Nice sketches! Plenty of energy in there.....
I reckon the videos are Big Time Sensuality, It's Oh So Quiet and Music.
Do I win a prize? ;)

Marion said...

Very good, two out of three!
Madonna's sketches are from "don't tell me", also from that cd.
She's dressed the same way, so I understand your choice.
But when you look at the small bodies you can see that I tried to draw her moves while she was dancing.
Sorry, no price this time...

Moyse said...

Great movement and expression Marion, you've captured the same energy I love seeing in your live work.

Marion said...

Thanks Paul.
I hope Stephen Silvers book will help me maintain the movement and expression of my sketches in my clean-ups.

Zsoldos Péter said...

Weri nice impressions and elegant lines. Congratulation!

Dan said...

Marion, beautiful sketches, you've really captured the movement in these!

Angie said...

Nice sketches Marion! I always love your work!

OAN:
My blog name switched. Can you change your link to be:
http://blog.angiejordan.com/

Thank you Marion!

Marion said...

I just did Angie....

Elliot Cowan said...

WONDERFUL Bjork!

Anonymous said...

Hey so I was reading about male enhancement pills and other shit, found this pretty awesome blog here:

[url=http://classydude24.wordpress.com/]Male Enhancement[/url]

What do you think of this stuff?

Anonymous said...

saw this super hot picture... check it out

[url=http://babenudity.com/view/jailbait-tits-boobs/]Jailbait[/url]

Anonymous said...

i'm new... hope to brief round more often!