Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hotel Wetterstein

Once in a while there are these gigs that are so exceptionally fun to do... It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, you have to pinch yourself to make sure you're not dreaming.
I had such a gig last weekend. A dutch owner of a hotel in Seefeld, Austria had invited his friends and relatives to come over and celebrate the opening with him. The manager thought it would be fun to have a caricaturist make sketches at the party.
I couldn't agree more!

The landing on sunday morning at Innsbrück airport.

Big stretched limos brought us to the hotel.

Cheers!

Hotel Wetterstein in Seefeld, Tirol. Great place, excellent service. I recommend it to anyone.

I had to work on monday evening, so there was plenty of time to do some things for myself. Like discovering the beauty of the mountains that surrounded this little village.

Climbing the Seefelder Spitze (2220 meter). Going up wasn't so bad, an elevator helped me. But I decided to go down on foot, which was a difference in altitude of approximately 1000 metres. I had to hurry, because I had to be at the hotel in time, and right now I'm still suffering from severe muscular pains in my behind.






Aren't these cuckoo clocks great!

I totally forgot to make pictures of the caricatures I made that evening. You have to believe me on my word that this is not just a phony mail trying to make myself look more interesting than I am.

A KFOR unit of NATO was om its way to Germany and took a short break at the airport when we were on our way back to Holland.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Ha Ha Marion! That would be something I would do, too...forget to take photos of your work, but take shots of everything else.

The pics you took were worth it! Those scenes are absolutely beautiful!
Good for you!!!

Moyse said...

WOW!!!! If only all gigs were like that one!

Looking forward to meeting up on the 16th, should be a fun trip!

Jeremy said...

cooooool pictures marion

Marion said...

Yes ,see you In Eindhoven Paul!

hanzz said...

cool scans of those postcards !

Emily said...

Wow, that is SOME GIG! Glad you could enjoy it beyond just the caricatures.

Jeremy said...

stunning photographs Marion, I'm Jealous. This is part of the world I'd love to see in person

Steve said...

Marion, my wife and I stayed in that hotel in 1986 for our summer holiday and we LOVED it there!