Monday, December 15, 2008

Friday saturday sunday

Friday.
Digital gig at a digital printing office. Very appropriate. I had to work very fast, I did 56 caricatures in 4,5 hours. The light was dim, the atmosphere OK. The manager was printed supersize. I don't think this was the best one I made that afternoon, but I liked the print so much I wanted to show it anyway.

Saturday.

This is Marieke with the finished painting I made of her. She and her father were very pleased with the result, and so was I.

Sunday.

Nothing better for relaxation than a bike ride through "Nationaal Park de Hoge Veluwe." We're still waiting for some serious frost, so we can go skating. When will that happen again, it's been such a long time:-(

5 comments:

Matt Ryder said...

you have every right to be pleased Marion, that painting of Marieke is Be...au...ti...ful ! I bet it will take pride of place in her bedroom, and will be treasured forever. Great job !

al hayball said...

SUPERB portrait of Marieke! very nice.
These evening gigs are always in 'dim' lighting.- very trying! I had to do one on the HMS Illustrious in Portsmouth dock on thursday for the officers. That was interesting.(see blog) I normally find I can only do about 25-30 pics in the 2.5 hours. al

Marion said...

Matt: thanks! I've discovered that children and animals are a very good combination. Parents love it!
Al: That's a hilarious story!
I used to work for the british soldiers stationed in Germany, and I experienced the same you did. I didn't have to wait an hour but they too were very careful about letting people enter their territory.

Aaron said...

That painting of that little girl is so cool!

Dominic Philibert said...

Thanx Marion for your kind Words!
Haha! No i'm not sleeping that much!
Love your caricatures...they're wonderful.
Loose and energetic. Nice fluidity..simply amazing