Sunday, December 07, 2008

Kijkdoos


Last friday we were celebrating 'Sinterklaas", a festivity that only takes place in Holland and Belgium and that can be slightly compared with Christmas. we give each other presents and try to make some presents ourselves, which are called 'surprises' (you have to pronounce it the way the french do).
I made Hugo this 'kijkdoos'. I looked in my english dictionary for the english word and it said peepshow. Now actually, that word has a slightly voyeuristic and sexual meaning to me.
I only took a shoe box and turned it into a studio where Hugo was standing between all his favourite artwork
s
.
Cute, don't you think?

3 comments:

Niall O loughlin said...

Very cute!!!

A.M.Bush said...

Aw, that's cute, I thought it was a photoshop until I read the caption. I think probably "diorama" is the appropriate word.

Gage said...

oh i love this idea!