Saturday, January 03, 2009

A happy and healthy 2009!

..to everybody I know! May we all be able to keep our jobs, may world peace come a little nearer and may "de Friesche Elfstedentocht" finally take place this year.....
Nice things happened the last few weeks and not so nice things.
Not so nice: We all got sick this holiday.
Nice:
1. It's finally freezing in Holland, which means we can go skating.

2. CU 2009 took place in Oosterbeek, which is a smaller version of the annual NCN meeting.
A great time for meeting old friends and getting to know new ones. Unfortunately, I only attended for one day. But it still was fun.

Meike and I skating on 'De Lamme IJssel' near Doesburg.


A caricature I made of Liesbeth Beckers during the CU2009. I was quite happy with this one, because I think Liesbeth isn't so easy to capture. She is so..... round! This roundness sometimes can be a handicap. What to emphasize and what not.... you know what I mean?
Luckily for both of us she was very pleased with the result.

Dutch colleague Martin van Gelder.

Visitor Colin Wilson.

12 comments:

ramanjit said...

hi mam,
great hoildays .from hear i can see how much you enjoy keep enjoying the life its the golden moment with family one can never forget.
take care of nose!!!!!
hahahaha!!!!!!!

Vincenzo said...

Great stuff at the mini-con!!!...and this miserable little bug that's infecting us all is a world traveller I guess!!!

Well, hoping better health is ahead...all the best to you and the family in '09!

Tooninator said...

Happy holidays.

I am always amazed at how charming each line you put down is. That first one is killer.

Emily Anthony said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Marion! It looks like CU2009 was a success, I love your version of Leesbat!

MICHEL said...

Amazing stuff! Full-lenght and coloured. Can I ask you how long takes you each one?

Happy and inspired 2009

Marion said...

Michel, I did the heads pretty fast, 5 to 10 minutes. For the full lenth caricature I did some studies in advance. Actually, the first study I did 2 years ago.
I think it took me 15 to 20 minutes. But I was working very easy....

Niall O loughlin said...

Happy new year Marion
The caricature of lisbeth looks fantastic, as do all the others
Look forward to seeing all your new work in 09!

kencoogan said...

Happy New year to you too Marion!!
I second Niall's comment about Liesbeth's caricature. It's hilarious!!

Marion said...

Thanks Niall, Ken and everybody. Hope to see fantastic caricatures from you as well in 2009!!!

Wittygraphy: Caricature Community said...

Your drawings are fantastic! Please join us at http://www.wittygraphy.com. Wittygraphy is a social network to share, discuss, and promote caricatures. Participation of artists of your caliber means a lot to our community.

Manoj Sinha said...

Hi Marion,
Great caricatures in your blog. Have a caricaturefull new year

J.BOSCO said...

excellent works,Marion!!