Saturday, June 20, 2009

account managers groepskarikatuur

And another digital group caricature.
They were all account managers, and I thought it was important to draw their suits as well, just to emphasize their position.


Here are some individual caricatures. I made them in Painter Classic and copied/pasted them together in Photoshop. I had to work from photos, which has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that you have more time, the disadvantage is that a photo is more one-dimensional than a live model in my opinion.




I had to print it out 13 times, one caricature for each person, and while I was busy doing so I grabbed a book to pass the time. It was a book of dutch painter Frans Hals, who made a lot of group portraits. They are one of my favourite 'golden age' paintings. Group portraits are so difficult. There is the likeness that counts ofcourse, and everybody has to be in sight too.
And then you have to think about the composition as well, which has to be lively and natural
.
I think he is master in both likeness and in composition. The paintings are very big, about 2,5 high x 4 metres wide, and they are hanging in the Frans Hals museum in Haarlem, which isn't very far from Amsterdam.
If you should be in the neighbourhood, you must definitely go there and see them for yourself!

4 comments:

Meesimo said...

Sweet caricatures, looks good all composited together

Steve said...

Great work as always Marion!

Eun Ae said...

I like works of Ilya Yefimovich Repin, a Russia artist. He drew some historical scenes with many people. Each painting contains some meaning. By the way, thank you for the new posting! It's alwas great to see your drawings! My favorite is the second individual caricature! Cute like a rabbit.>_<

Marion said...

Thanks Meesimo.
Steve, hope you're doing well!
I'll check him out Eun Ae, thanks for sharing!